Citizens of the most countries require visa to enter Bangladesh. The Permanent Mission of Bangladesh determines the type and category of visa and duration of stay depending on purpose of visit.
How to Apply:
Submit the filled-in visa application form enclosed with required documents to the Consular Section of the Permanent Mission. To find the form, please click here.
1. Original passport with minimum 6 (six) months validity;
2. Copy of the passport;
3. Copy of Swiss legitimation card with minimum 6 (six) months validity (if the nationality/ passport is other than Swiss);
4. Two recent photographs;
5. Proof of payment;
6. Document supporting the purpose of visit (For details, please click here);
7. Copies of air tickets and hotel booking in case of short/temporary visit;
8. COVID-19 negative certificate
How to submit the application:
1. Applicants can submit their applications in person or by post.
2. In case of delivering the documents by post, applicants must send a self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery).
Mode of delivery:
1. Applicants can pick up their documents in person.
2. The documents will be delivered by post, if a self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) is already provided.
Visa fees for Swiss nationals are CHF 40.00 (single entry) and CHF 80.00 (double/multiple entry). However, the fees vary depending on applicant’s nationality. To see nationality wise visa fee, please click here.
Mode of payment:
To see mode of payment, please click here.
Consular Service Hour:
To see our consular service hour, please click here.
1. At least five (05) working days are required to process the visa application.
2. Issuance of any visa may take longer time if reference has to be made to Bangladesh for clearance.
To find our contact details, please click here.
1. The Consular Officer may ask for an interview of the applicant and/ or submission of additional information or documents.
2. The Permanent Mission of Bangladesh reserves the right to accept or reject any application for visa without assigning any reasons thereof.
3. Visa application will not be processed until all requirements are fulfilled.
4. Any misrepresentation of facts may lead to cancellation of visa at any time.
5. The Permanent Mission of Bangladesh is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in post.