How to Apply for MRP for a newborn:
Submit the filled-in MRP application form enclosed with required documents to the Consular Section of the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh in Geneva in person or by post. To find the form, please click here.
Apply online using the link here. And, then submit the printed form enclosed with required documents to the Consular Section of the Permanent Mission in person or by post.
1. Copy of the filled-in MRP Application Form;
2. One (01) copy of recent 55X45 mm size photograph of the applicant to be affixed on top of the 1st page and one (01) additional copy of the same photograph. Parents’ photos are also required to be affixed on the application form. In certain cases, either of the parents’ photos are accepted;
3. Photocopy of applicant's Birth Registration Certificate containing 17-digit number;
4. Photocopies of the parents' MRPs/ National ID cards;
5. Birth certificate issued by the local cantonal authority;
6. Proof of payment;
7. Either of the parents'-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) if you desire to receive the passport by post.
NOTE: Either of the applicant's parents' contact information, particularly, a reachable mobile number must be mentioned in the application.
1. For express/urgent payment: 20-25 working days
2. For regular payment: 30-35 working days
On receiving call from the Permanent Mission, either of the applicant's parents may collect the new passports personally.
If a return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) is already provided, Permanent Mission will send the new MRP after necessary endorsement by post.
1. Regular fee: CHF 110.00
2. Urgent fee: CHF 220.00
How to Make Payment:
To see how to make the payment, please click here.
Consular Service Hour:
To see our consular service hour, please click here.
To find our contact details, please click here.
1. A 17-digit Birth Registration Number (BRN) or National Identity Card (NID) Number of the applicant is required for application. Those who do neither have NID card nor have done Birth Registration, may apply online for Birth Registration at the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh in Geneva. For details, please click here)
Please note that the Permanent Mission is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in post.