How to Apply for new passport:
Submit the filled-in MRP application form enclosed with required documents to the Consular Section of the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh in Geneva for biometric data entry. To find the form, please click here.
Apply online using the link here. And, then submit the printed form enclosed with required documents to the Consular Section of the Permanent Mission for biometric data entry.
Please book an appointment with the Permanent Mission by sending an email at 'firstname.lastname@example.org' for biometric data entry.
1. Copy of the filled-in MRP Application Form or printed MRP application form in case of online application;
2. One (01) copy of recent passport size photograph of the applicant to be affixed on top of the 1st page;
3. If the applicant is a child under the age of 15, two (02) copies of photos as well as parents’ photos are required to be affixed on the application form. In certain cases, either of the parents’ photos are accepted.
4. Photocopy of applicant's National ID Card or Birth Registration Certificate containing 17-digit number.
5. Photocopies of information pages/ data pages of applicant’s existing Bangladesh hand-written Passport (valid or expired) along with the original passport;
6. Proof of payment;
7. Self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) if the applicant desires to receive the passport by post.
NOTE: Applicant's contact information, particularly, a reachable mobile number must be mentioned in the application.
1. For express/urgent payment: 20-25 working days
2. For regular payment: 30-35 working days
On receiving call from the Permanent Mission, the applicants may collect the new passports personally. Please bring along the old passport as well as the 'Delivery Slip'. Both the new and the old passports will be handed over after necessary endorsement.
If the applicant has already provided a return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) and the old passport in original on the day of biometric data entry, the Permanent Mission will send both the new and old passports after necessary endorsement by post.
1. Regular fee: CHF 110.00
2. Urgent fee: CHF 220.00
1. Regular Fee: CHF 33.00
2. Urgent Fee: CHF 110.00
To avail the special rate for students, the following criteria have to be fulfilled:
i. profession is mentioned as 'student' in their passports;
ii. have arrived in Switzerland from Bangladesh with valid student visa for the purpose of study;
iii. holds a valid student ID.
However, following professionals having met the above criteria will be excluded:
i. University Teachers/Researchers who are pursuing studies through Government scholarship or through funding support from the host Government or any other bilateral/multilateral sources; and
ii. Students gainfully employed in Bangladesh or abroad and/ or sponsored by his/her own employer.
How to Make Payment:
To see how to make the payment, please click here.
Consular Service Hour:
To see our consular service hour, please click here.
To find our contact details, please click here.
1. A 17-digit Birth Registration Number (BRN) or National Identity Card (NID) Number of the applicant is required for application. Those who do neither have NID card nor have done Birth Registration, may apply online for Birth Registration at the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh in Geneva. For details, please click here)
Please note that the Permanent Mission is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in post.