How to Apply for Attestation of 'Power of Attorney':
For attestation of Power of Attorney/Affidavit (Holofnama)/Statutory Declaration or similar documents, the applicant will have to appear in the Permanent Mission of Bangladesh in Geneva in person along with the 'original documents' as well as the required documents.
Please note that the Permanent Mission does not attest content of the document, instead it attests the signature of the signatory. Hence, the signatory has to come to the Mission in person and sign on the document before the Consular Officer.
Please book an appointment before you come to the Mission by sending an email at 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
1. A forwarding/cover letter/application mentioning the subject and brief explanation why the documents need to be attested by the Mission;
2. One set of photocopy of the documents;
3. Proof of payment;
4. Self-addressed pre-paid registered return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) if the applicant desires to receive the document by post.
NOTE: Applicant's contact information, particularly, a reachable mobile number must be mentioned in the forwarding/cover letter/application.
At least five (05) working days are required to deliver the documents after necessary endorsement. For emergency need, applicants may state his causes in the forwarding/cover letter/application.
A delivery time will be given during the submission of the documents and accordingly, the applicant can collect the documents personally.
If the applicant has already provided a return envelope (requiring yellow slip on delivery) during submission of the documents, the Permanent Mission will send the documents by post.
Bangladeshi documents: CHF 22.00 per page/signature.
Foreign documents: CHF 110.00 per page/signature.
How to Make Payment:
To see how to make the payment, please click here.
Consular Service Hour:
To see our consular service hour, please click here.
To find our contact details, please click here.
1. Any lack of supporting papers, documents will be returned without attestation and the Permanent Mission will not take any responsibility for the consequences.
2. The Permanent Mission of Bangladesh is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in post.
3. Please find the 'Power of Attorney Rules 2015' enacted by the Ministry of Law, Government of Bangladesh on 23 July 2015 in the attachment.